NATURE OF ACTION OF KOCH ANTITOXIN
Described by Professor —* of Embryology and Anatomy,
School of Science, —* State College.
* When written, the Professor requested that his name be omitted due to concern for reprisal.
‘Glyoxylide’ and associated antitoxins act catalytically, yet the substances themselves are readily oxidized because of the unsaturated double bond linkages, and that is what makes them effective. In this latter respect, the substances differ from true catalysts and enzymes, which are not used up in the process of reaction. It appears as though these antitoxins are so to speak “highly combustible” in the metabolism of animals and their oxidation, therefore can occur at the low oxidative levels which obtain in the sick organism. By analogy, they would have a lower “‘kindling temperature.” And once these metabolites burst into “flame,” a great release of energy and radiation occurs which spreads like “wildfire” to toxic substances, which are then burned in their turn. This oxidation then continues from cell to cell in the body in all directions, from many centers of dispersal, operating like a continues fuse until the last cells are reached and all toxins of divers and sundry nature that are present, are at last oxidized and only then does this fuse flicker out. This would also explain the simultaneous remission from all diseases, as many as are presents for Koch antitoxin is no respecter of toxins, but is specific for toxins in a generic sense. This suggestion would appear to be consistent with Koch’s explanation for the character and origin of natural immunity, which devolves intermediary carbohydrate metabolism.
The various systems of healing have their own imaginary interpretation of a supposed “Law of Cure.” The Allopaths say “contraria contraria curantur,” which is the law of opposites; The Homeopaths say “similia similibus curantur,” which is the law of agreement; the Electics believe in “sanitive medication.”
To me the Koch Therapy appears not to be embraced under any of these hypothesis; the Koch Therapy is “sui generis” peculiar and without parallel. The Koch antitoxin seems to operate as a fuse— like adjunct to the “vis medicatrix naturae” itself since this antitoxin acts not on tissues, nor do the tissues act on it, but the antitoxin acts on the trouble-making toxins themselves—fluorescent substances which absorb high-level energy and release it at lower levels thereby robbing the cell of the energy to carry on normal metabolism; in this way through the availability of low energy, morbid cell physiology occurs arid symptoms of disease are made manifest. Koch’s antitoxin is excellent kindling; it readily oxidizes and the energy released is intense enough to reach the kindling temperatures so to speak of the resistant fluorescent and other toxic substances. To carry the analogy further, it takes a hotter metabolic flame to ignite magnesium metal than gasoline. This analogy cannot be carried too far, for it does not apply in detail. Metabolic oxidation is enzymatically controlled.
1912 – 1939
- 1925 IS A CURE FOR CANCER POSSIBLE BY ANTITOXIN AND SERUM TREATMENT EIGHTEEN MONTHS WITH THE KOCH CANCER ANTITOXIN
- 1925 THE KOCH CHEMICAL FORMULA IN THE TREATMENT OF CANCER
- 1925 THE KOCH TREATMENT OF CANCER
- 1926 CAN CANCER BE SUCCESSFULLY TREATED BY NON-SURGICAL METHODS?
- 1926 CANCER—ITS CAUSE AND PREVENTION
- 1926 THE CANCER SITUATION
- 1929 THE PERIODIC MEDICAL EXAMINATION AND THE EARLY DIAGNOSIS OF CANCER
- 1933 DR. WILLIAM H DOW, ALONG WITH OTHER SCIENTISTS, SPEAK OUT ON KOCH REAGENTS
- 1933 CANCER BY DR. D. W DEWEY M.D.
- 1935 KOCH COOK BOOK / INDIAN SUN SYMBOL
- 1937 ACQUIRED IMMUNITY TO TUBERCULOSIS
- 1938 NEOPLASMS, INFECTIONS, AND ALLERGY, DR. H. MAISIN, M.D.
- 1938 REVERSING THE PATHOLOGICAL TREND IN RHEUMATIC FEVER AND CORONARY THROMBOSIS
- 1938 THE USE OF PEROXIDE
- PHAGOCYTOSIS OF THE TUBERCLE BACILLUS
1940 – 1959
- 1941 IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT THE KOCH TREATMENT
- 1941 THE CURE OF CORONARY THROMBOSIS
- 1944 SCIENTISTS SEEK LEPROSY CURE
- 1945 A LEAST COMMON DENOMINATOR IN ANTIBIOTICS
- 1949 FARMERS VICTORIOUS
- 1949 THE BIRTH OF A SCIENCE, BY DRS. WAHL, REHWINKEL AND REILLY
- 1950 THE NEW SCIENCE IN THE TREATMENT OF DISEASE SYMPOSIUM
- 1950 THE PROSECUTION OF DR. WM. F. KOCH
- 1951 JOURNAL OF AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PHYSICIANS – 8 REPORTS
- 1952 THE INCREDIBLE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, BY DR. D. H. ARNOTT, M.D.
- 1952 THE KOCH CATALYTIC AGENTS, BY DR. JULIAN F. BALDOR, M.D.
- CATTLE EXPERIMENTS IN THE U.S. AND CANADA; A SERIES OF ARTICLES
- NATURE OF ACTION OF KOCH ANTITOXIN